RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom book (partially) available?

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom book (partially) available?
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:57:20 -0400

Tim,

I have the resources to produce a scanned PDF format
copy of the AXIOM book. The result will be a rather
large file (approx. 10 - 20 Mbytes, I guess). In scanned
PDF format, each page is represented as an image. The
system I use normally uses Group IV tiff encoding for
black and white pages, so the result is about 20 Kbytes
per page x 750 pages. Maybe I could set it up for download
as one file per chapter (15 chapters) - about 1 Mbyte
per chapter.

I think that inspite of it's "age" the quality of this
book is very high and would go a long way to satisfying
the demand! for Axiom documentation that releasing the
alpha version has created. Of course this doesn't negate
the desirability of creating (and publishing!) a newer
up to date version. But maybe it would take some of the
pressure off ...

Let me know what you think. I could have it uploaded to
the files section of the Axiom web site later tonight
if you think that this would be ok.

Cheers,
Bill Page.