[Axiom-developer] Re: TeX line breaking

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: TeX line breaking
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 06:47:32 -0400

Techexplorer was written after Axiom was sent to NAG. We were not
allowed to work on Axiom after it left the building and basically were
told to wander in circles around our chairs until we came up with some
other task.  Sutor eventually got into Windows development and wrote
something that was completely unrelated to Axiom, namely
Techexplorer. I believe that it was intended to be a plugin for
browsers. Of course, Techexplorer handles math and it is only natural
that one should choose a commercial math product such as, say, Axiom
for testing.  It is unlikely that he will provide a new algorithm
because (a) he's in management and (b) Techexplorer was spun off to
another company. I've never seen it run so I can't comment on what it does.

Jenks and Dooley did interactive books (a math book, natch), etc.
I set off to invent rewriteable paper.

Tim
address@hidden
address@hidden