Re: [avrdude-dev] Building Avrdude 6.3

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Building Avrdude 6.3
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 09:04:16 +0100

As Matthew Mondor wrote:

> > Maybe the OSX linker needs it, I don't know.
> > It's quite possible some ranlib magic is still missing in the current
> > make/automake files.
>
> Very likely, Darwin being a BSD variant, all the BSDs that I know need
> it as well.

My main development system is FreeBSD, and the current make/automake
files work there as well as on Linux. I only see that ranlib issue
when cross-compiling for mingw32.

Anyway, it was just an idea that occurred to me. Quite possible Wayne's
problem is different.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/