Re: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE 6.3 released

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE 6.3 released
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 21:43:20 +0100

As Stefan Rupp wrote:

> for libhidapi, you can take a look at patch #8717.

Already did (thanks for it!).  I wish it would have been separated
into three patches though:

. the libhidapi infrastructure (in configure.ac)
. your new programmer
. the new devices you also added to avrdude.conf.in

I'd like to commit these separately.

> I went for libhidapi, because with libusb, this stuff refused to work on
> MacOS X, while with libhidapi, it just worked.

That's basically the same situation with the current EDBG boards, both
on OSX as well as on Windows.  That's my main motivation to move away
from plain libusb there.  (I still think delcaring anything a "human
interface" is just a stupid idea from the beginning, but that's not my
decision.)

In contrast, on FreeBSD, it "just works" as it is, and on Linux, it
works with a minor complaint.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/