[avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE 6.3 released

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE 6.3 released
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 20:13:49 +0100

Hi fellow developers,

I released AVRDUDE 6.3 yesterday.

The main reason for (almost) "rushing" a new release out was that
patch #8380 (the one to allow higher baudrates on Linux serial lines)
turned out to cause way too much trouble (bugs #46610, 46483) so I
backed it out.

As an added bonus, with the help of the information contained in patch
#8435 (and thanks to some hardware donation by Atmel), I've been able
to implement fragmentation for EDBG-based programmers, so the mEDBG
present on XplainedMini boards can be handled now.

Finally, support for some new devices also made it into that release
(ATmega{48,88,168}PB, plus the rather archaic ATtiny28).

My intention for the next release is to finally get libhidapi support
into the tree, and (at least optionally) use that to implement EDBG on
top of.  I expect this to integrate much more seamless with the OS'es
HID drivers than the current libusb-based implementation does.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/