Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #40831] LUFA AVRISP-MKII fails with avrdude 6.0.1

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #40831] LUFA AVRISP-MKII fails with avrdude 6.0.1
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 13:03:55 +0200

As Colin O'Flynn wrote:

> Did you have a chance to look at my partial patch (partial as it doesn't
> have STK600 stuff in it yet)? It's posted as the latest comment at
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?40831.

Except for the formatting (*), I think it's fine.  I didn't test it
though against a LUFA mkII clone not using the standard (Atmel) EP
numbering.

(*) Bear in mind that the hard TABs in the remainder of usb_libusb.c
are meant to be each 8 columns (DEC VT100 standard).  It's debatable
whether we might not rather convert everything to not using TABs, but
if so, it should be handled in a separate commit that only touches
these "cosmetic" things.

> If it seems OK let me know & will give the STK600 stuff a try too. I'll need
> someone else to verify that portion as don't have that hardware.

STK600 is probably not that hard (and I can test it).  The biggest
challenge is going to be the JTAGICE3 in both incarnations, v2.x and
v3.x (CMSIS-DAP) firmware.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/