Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude.conf - ftdi-section

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude.conf - ftdi-section
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 11:27:43 +0100

As Daniel Schulz wrote:

> But I couldnt figure it out to get it working with my 2232_D_ because
> in my eyes the description was for an 2232_H_ only.

No, all the URLs you can find in avrdude.conf refer to FT2232C/D
devices.

> In the avrdude.conf I can read, that I have to use the pins 1 to 4 of
> lower ACBUS and 5 to 8 as higher ACBUS . But in the datasheet of the
> 2232D I notice only ACBUS 0 to 3 and they are named GPIO_Hx_ (I think
> "higher" nibble?). Should it work with the 2232D?

I think the description in avrdude.conf simply has confused ACBUS and
ADBUS: the MPSSE signals are ADBUS[0:3], see table 3.5.5 in the
FT2232D datasheet.

> So as far as I understand, the functionality with LEDs is limited to
> the FT2232_H_ only?!

Nope, the LEDs would have to be attached to ADBUS[4:7] which are
GPIOL[0:3] in MPSSE mode.