[avrdude-dev] avrdude.conf - ftdi-section

From: Daniel Schulz
Subject: [avrdude-dev] avrdude.conf - ftdi-section
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:12:57 +0100

Hello ml!

Sorry for disturbing in an non-dev manner, but I can't find an answer
nowhere on the internet so my last try is this mailin list.
I was going to flash an ATMEGA8L on a brushless controller board and I
have an FTDI experimental board with a FT 2232D.
As far as I've read it should work with this ftdi-chip. I took a
glance on the avrdude.conf and reallized that  there has to be a
pin-order for the used chip.
But I couldnt figure it out to get it working with my 2232_D_ because
in my eyes the description was for an 2232_H_ only.
In the avrdude.conf I can read, that I have to use the pins 1 to 4 of
lower ACBUS and 5 to 8 as higher ACBUS . But in the datasheet of the
2232D I notice only ACBUS 0 to 3 and they are named GPIO_Hx_ (I think
"higher" nibble?). Should it work with the 2232D?

So as far as I understand, the functionality with LEDs is limited to
the FT2232_H_ only?!

Or did I misunderstood something? Please let me know how to understand
the pin order.

Greetings
Daniel