[avrdude-dev] [patch #7056] adding support for mikrokopter bootloader to

From: Juergen Weigert
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7056] adding support for mikrokopter bootloader to butterfly
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:14:30 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #7056 (project avrdude):

I agree that all users of the butterfly_mk protocol should
either write their programmer name to ~/.avrduderc or have avrdude called
with -c butterfly_mk option.

The environment variable serves a different purpose:
Currently all microcopter upload tools must come with a custom compiled
avrdude, which has a hijacked 'butterfly' target.
Specifying the environment variable allows users to switch to a current
avrdude version without having their tools changed at the same time.

I am fine with leaving out the environment code.

I'll advertise '-c butterfly_mk' to the tools maintainers as soon as the code
is in.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7056>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/