[avrdude-dev] Decreasing programming speed for mega88

From: Tomas Bergh
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Decreasing programming speed for mega88
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:59:10 +0200

Good morning gentlemen,
I am not sure of how this kind of mailinglist works and since the forum at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?group=avrdude allmost seems to be dead I
try this type of sendout instead. If this is the wrong way of doing it, please
dont be angry on me!

I have built a galvanically separated programmer for avr devices and got some
problems when I am programming the mega88 device. Usually I use ponyprog but
since it is not supporting the mega88 device I try with avrdude. I am able to
program my device when running at 8MHz, external crystal, but not with 20MHz,
external crystal. The high fusebit-byte is left unchanged and the low fusebit
is set to 0xf7. One thing that is interesting is that I can program the device
with 8MHz and then change the crystal and the device then seems to work fine at
20MHz! This makes me suspect that my programmer is alittle slow so I would like
to set down the programming speed of avrdude. Does anyone know how to do this?
My girlfriend will be happy if you can help me solving this problem since she
think I spend a hell too much time with this, and that is true because this
d...n programmer has taken more than 2 months to make by now, and still doesnt
work! I am one inch from surrendering!

Hope you can help me!

/Tomas Bergh
Sweden