Re: [avrdude-dev] AVR-DUDE parallel port options not working

From: Dennis Clark
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] AVR-DUDE parallel port options not working
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:14:44 -0700

Joerg,

  That could be the case, but I've no clue how to get my Thinkpad
A20m into bios mode to change it.  I've tries, ESC, F1, F7, F8...
I have yet to see this addressed via a Google search either.  I
am not a PC guy, I'm a Mac person, so could someone have pity
on me and tell how to get to the bios on bootup?

thanks,
DLc

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
As Dennis Clark wrote:

 Nope.  The ports on both computers work with both dongles using
another IDE (Bascom/AVR) just fine.  Only with AVR-DUDE do they not
work.

Quite possible it's only avrdude that doesn't work (for whatever
reason) in bidir mode.  Can you perchance have a look at the
settings, and maybe change it to ECP?