Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch] fmt_autodetect() and binary files

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch] fmt_autodetect() and binary files
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:24:21 -0400

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 02:08:51PM -0700, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> I noticed some *_imm stuff. I have no idea what that is, can any one
> shed some light there?

The _imm is "immediate mode", i.e., the "file content" is specified on
the command line and usually used for fuse bits, i.e.:

    avrdude -p m128 -U lfuse:w:0x3f:m

That keeps one from having to create a single-byte file for setting
fuse bits or entering interactive terminal mode to do it.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
http://www.bdmicro.com/