Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: FIXED: was avrdude prb [RE: [avr-gcc-list] printf_

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: FIXED: was avrdude prb [RE: [avr-gcc-list] printf_P + PSTR("\n\r") does not seem towork, however ("\r\n") is okay]
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:58:31 +0200

As E. Weddington wrote:

> At the time that change was made, IIRC by me, I wasn't aware of the
> effects one way or the other on Linux, hence the #ifdef. If it's ok
> for the other platforms (FreeBSD, Mac OS X) then certainly the
> #ifdef could be gotten rid of.

It is required by the C standard to be OK.

What's *not* OK on Unix though is the Windowism to force a file open
mode into being text mode by "ra" and such.  The C standard implies
that a simple "r" will always open it in text mode unless the trailing
"b" is specified.  (Thus, the Windows option to default the open mode
to binary is fundamentally incompatible with the standard.  But if
you're Bill Gates you don't have to care about standards.)