[avrdude-dev] Re: FIXED: was avrdude prb [RE: [avr-gcc-list] printf_P +

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Re: FIXED: was avrdude prb [RE: [avr-gcc-list] printf_P + PSTR("\n\r") does not seem towork,however ("\r\n") is okay]
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:48:45 -0600

Theodore A. Roth wrote:

Is there any chance that there could be some sort of translation going
on with either the serial or parallel port interfaces?

In ser_win32.c, I see this to open the serial port:

   hComPort = CreateFile(port, GENERIC_READ | GENERIC_WRITE, 0, NULL,
               OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL);

I didn't see anything in my Win32 reference on CreateFile that says there's any translation going on, especially for a communications resource (port).

Eric