Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude Prob with Win2000

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude Prob with Win2000
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:12:05 +0100

On Friday 19 December 2003 19:32, Klaus Leidinger wrote:
> Theodore A. Roth wrote:
> > Does this shed any light on the problem?
> >
> >   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2003-09/msg00295.html
> >
> > Ted Roth
>
> Yes it does!
>
> Thanks Ted for this golden hint, avrdude now works, /dev/com1 was
> the solution.
>
> Thanks all the others for your answers.

Thanks for reporting your problem, instead of just turning away ;-)

User-input is essential for improving a program (or any other product)

IMHO we should include this in the documentation, as long as we don't
have a better idea how to detect default-port-names.

Perhaps we should make a troubleshooting appendix, so people know
where to look.

/Jan-Hinnerk