Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude Prob with Win2000

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude Prob with Win2000
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 23:18:53 +0100

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 14:38, Klaus Leidinger wrote:

> I build a small application with the Application Note 910 and tried
> avrdude on my Linux System. Works very well and compilation with
> higher Baudrate was ok.
>
> Then I tried it on my Win2000 systen. compilation worked OK, but I
> always got an Error: avrdude: serial_open(): can't set attributes
> for device "com1" (avrdude 4.2.0)

I can't say much about Win2000. The obvious reasons are
- the port is used by another program
- the account you use, don't has access to this port
- the ports don't work at all
- avrdude does not work on Win2000 (don't hope so)

To narrow the problem you should try to
- communicate with your programmer using Hyperterm
- use another port

Good luck
  Jan-Hinnerk