Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude.conf and line endings

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude.conf and line endings
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:47:36 +0100

As E. Weddington wrote:

> I received an email back from Daniel Williamson who wanted to try the
> current avrdude on Windows. He had some problems getting it to work
> until he changed avrdude.conf to have Unix line endings.

Something like:

"rror at avrdude.conf:125 unrecognized character: "

?

I just committed a new version of lexer.l that ignores \r the same way
it already used to ignore \t.  I think that should solve all these
issues.

> If you also wanted it to look for Mac line endings (CR) that would
> be a bonus.

That would be more difficult.  The lexer tries to maintain a line
counter for error messages like above, thus \n is not being ignored
but examined.  The simplest way would be to have the lexer function
input() already convert \r to \n on the Mac, should anybody really
require that.