Re: [avrdude-dev] autoconf / automake for Windows

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] autoconf / automake for Windows
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:43:03 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, E. Weddington wrote:

:)
:) Any help in this would be great. I'm not up to speed yet on the auto
:) tools, but I'm working on it. This is what needs to happen for any
:) build for Windows (cygwin, mingw):
:)
:) 1. On install, these files need to be copied to bin:
:) windows/install_giveio.bat
:) windows/status_giveio.bat
:) windows/remove_giveio.bat
:) windows/giveio.sys
:) Note that the *.bat files need to keep Windows line endings (CR LF)
:) and that giveio.sys is a binary file.
:)
:) 2. loaddrv.exe needs to be built and also copied to bin on install.
:) The sources are:
:) windows/loaddrv.c
:) windows/loaddrv.h
:) And its CFLAGS:
:) -g -Wall -Os -mno-cygwin
:)
:) 3. Of course the above files (in #1 and #2) should be shipped with a
:) distribution.
:)
:) 4. I have giveio.c, the source for giveio.sys, in CVS. It requires
:) the MS DDK to build which I don't have and I don't expect many people
:) to have it either. It is in there essentially for reference. I would
:) assume that giveio.c should be shipped with a distribution, yes?
:)
:) I think that this about covers all the requirements for building and
:) executing for Windows.

Does the attached do what you want?

Ted