[avrdude-dev] Yet another config parameter

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Yet another config parameter
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:16:45 -0700

Joerg and I have been working on and testing the Windows port PPI.

Joerg stated:
"I could successfully talk to an AT90S1200, an AT90S2333, and an
ATmega128.  The only strange thing is that any attempt to talk to an
ATmega163-equipped board fails under Windows, while it works, using
the same programming dongle under FreeBSD on the same machine."

So there are some timing issues we're going to be looking at.

But...

Interestingly, I compared the data sheets for m163 and m128 and found
a difference:

m128: If entering programming mode failed, then toggle /RESET.
m163: If entering programming mode failed, then toggle SCK.

The current source has a hardcoded toggling of SCK. The source that
Joerg was testing I had changed to toggling /RESET.

This might have to be changed to a config parameter. I don't know the
specs for any other processors.

Eric