Re: [avrdude-dev] ppi.[ch] -> ppi.[ch] & par.[ch]

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] ppi.[ch] -> ppi.[ch] & par.[ch]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:27:32 -0700

On 13 Feb 2003 at 11:46, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Brian Dean wrote:
>
> :) Hi,
> :)
> :) I've seperated out the non-portable functions from ppi.c and put
> the :) rest in 'par.c'.  Hopefully this will make it easier to provide
> a :) replacement for ppi.c for platforms where #ifdef would be too
> messy. :) Eric, please take a look and make sure I've got those
> functions you :) mentioned for your Windows port. :) :) It builds
> clean on FreeBSD.  Hopefully I didn't break anything on :) Linux.
>
> Clean on linux and an erase via stk200 works.

Builds on cygwin with my ppiwin.c and makefile and main.c mods.

BTW, I have a giveio "system" from another open source project that
actually seems to load! It executes / loads on the command line just
like I've been looking for. I hope this will work out...

Which leads me to... I don't have a way to test avrdude on the
parallel port. All I have is an stk500.

Trying with the stk500 I get:

avrdude : stk500_program_enamble(): Unkown response=0x11

FYI, the 2 spelling errors above are actually in the error message.

I'll start checking into the serial / stk500 stuff for Windows.

Eric