[avr-libc-dev] [RFC] 1.0 branch

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] 1.0 branch
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:36:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Since things have been quiet for a while, I think it might be time to
cut a 1.0 branch.

I would like to make a branch in cvs for 1.0 and then have cvs head
become 1.1.<date>cvs.

I'm partial to the even-odd version number used with the linux kernel
minor being odd denotes a development branch and minor being even
denotes a stable branch. Thus, 1.0 will be stable and 1.1.x is
development.

There should be no API changes in a stable branch, only bug fixes and
new functionality back-ported from the dev branch.

Splitting the version numbers will make it easier to distribute
stable and dev tarballs in parallel.

If there is no major problems with this proposal, I'll cut the branch
wednesday morning (2003/08/13).

Ted Roth