Re: [avr-libc-dev] doxygen.config upgrade; man pages

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] doxygen.config upgrade; man pages
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:49:28 +0200

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> Also, be careful with using C comments in example blocks. IMO, it's just a
> bad idea.

Hmm.

> Any objections to updating the doxy config file for 1.2.17?

What exactly needs updating?

I've been using your doxygen.config with both, 1.2.16 and 1.2.17,
and so far didn't notice problems.

Anyway, yes, you can safely go ahead and update things there.

Btw., i've been playing with installation options for the manual
pages, so this will happen some day, too.  Right now, i'm unhappy with
some of the pages (particularly those generated from the .dox files),
and would like to find a way to convert the main page into something
like a global avr_libc man page.

Instead of prepending avr_ before each page name, i'm now more
inclined to just install the entire man page tree under
${PREFIX}/share/doc/avr-libc/man, so people need to include this
directory into their ${MANPATH}.  OTOH, this offers the option to also
create man page links for each topic, so you can say "man cbi" to get
the documentation for the cbi() macro.  Or, you can say
"env MANPATH=${PREFIX}/share/doc/avr-libc/man xman&" to get the Xman
right for avr-libc. ;-)

I don't like the version number in the docs installation directory.
We cannot have multiple instances of avr-libc installed by the same
time (since the installed libs would overwrite each other), so there's
IMHO not much point in versionizing the docs directory.