avr-libc-corelib

Re: [Avr-libc-corelib] Interested in helping

From: Ruddick Lawrence
Subject: Re: [Avr-libc-corelib] Interested in helping
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:41:39 -0800

Hi Brad,

Glad to hear you want to help! Eventually, we would certainly love your libraries, but the current state of the corelib is just making one module (we decided on SPI) to get a better sense of how we want to shape future modules. The last thing we hashed out was a rough SPI API (unless someone else has secretly been coding up a storm), which you can find in the mailing list archives (specifically, starting at this message, discussion in subsequent messages: http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/avr-libc-corelib/2009-12/msg00002.html). If you wanted to start implementing the module (feel free to share your 2 cents about the API, of course), that'd be fantastic. I'll try to incorporate people's comments back into the API and send an updated one out by Friday.

You can also check out the website (http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/avr-corelib/index.html), which right now is little more than style guidelines, but they're quite detailed and include how we're dealing with things like interrupts.

If you have any questions feel free to email me/the list.
Ruddick