avr-libc-corelib

RE: [Avr-libc-corelib] Why not consider also other libs than Procyon?

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [Avr-libc-corelib] Why not consider also other libs than Procyon?
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 05:59:12 -0600

Sure, I'll talk to Harald. Hopefully the licensing won't be an issue.

> Other sources could be Arduino (however I never used this
> project, so I
> don't know about drivers) and TinyOS.

No on TinyOS. They program in NestC which is their own C dialect. I don't want
this lib to be just for Arduino types.

> (BTW, I reworked a few month ago John Regehr's stack.pl script (from
> TinyOS)  to calculate stack usage of an application compiled with
> gcc-4.X, however John and I had also no time to perform more
> tests with
> the updated script (but in my opinion it works rather well
> and correctly
> locates patterns produced by the compiler). Could this be
> part of a set
> of tools provided with 'corelib'? If someone wants the
> updated script...)

Well this is a bit off-topic, but: stacktool would not be a part of corelib, it
is its own tool, which I have been wanting to incorporate into WinAVR. John
Regehr and I know each other very well and communicate on a semi-regular basis.
His stacktool project needs more work before it can be included in WinAVR.