avr-libc-corelib

[Avr-libc-corelib] Why not consider also other libs than Procyon?

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: [Avr-libc-corelib] Why not consider also other libs than Procyon?
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:16:38 +0200

Hi List.

A while back, I asked Harald Kipp (NutOS maintainer) if it would be possible to take some code from NutOS and include it in avr-libc. His answer was 'yes'. At that time I was mainly considering time related functions and not drivers (and had no time to do the job :-( ). NutOS already has good drivers (for instance a good I2C driver interrupt driven), Harald answers to emails and licensing should not be an issue. Unfortunately I don't have any time to spare for this new 'corelib', so if someone of the 'corelib' project wants to contact Harald things could go faster than staying focused only on Procyon.

Other sources could be Arduino (however I never used this project, so I don't know about drivers) and TinyOS.

(BTW, I reworked a few month ago John Regehr's stack.pl script (from TinyOS) to calculate stack usage of an application compiled with gcc-4.X, however John and I had also no time to perform more tests with the updated script (but in my opinion it works rather well and correctly locates patterns produced by the compiler). Could this be part of a set of tools provided with 'corelib'? If someone wants the updated script...)

Regards,

  Bernard