Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcc-avr 4.9.2 -Os messes with interrupt vectors

From: Senthil Kumar Selvaraj
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcc-avr 4.9.2 -Os messes with interrupt vectors
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 19:46:26 +0530

address@hidden writes:

> No, I will try to explain where my problem is. The code I posted before
> should turn the LED connected to PB5 on. The code also contains an ISR, but
> it is empty and as I never enable interrupts, it should never be called.

I guess you're not linking in the crt file for the device. The crt file
has startup code and the correct vector table for the device. Without
it, and without an alternate startup/vector table init code, you will
miss things like global variable initialization, SP setup etc., and
interrupt handlers won't run.

Instead of
>>> avr-ld -mavr5 -o led-test.elf main.o

Can you invoke the compiler driver with the correct device i.e.?

avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega168 -o led-test.elf main.o

That way, the driver will invoke the linker with the correct crt object
file and other libraries. You can pass -v to see what exactly goes to
the linker.

Regards
Senthil