Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcc-avr 4.9.2 -Os messes with interrupt vectors

From: avr
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] gcc-avr 4.9.2 -Os messes with interrupt vectors
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 14:22:49 +0100 (BST)

No, I will try to explain where my problem is. The code I posted before should turn the LED connected to PB5 on. The code also contains an ISR, but it is empty and as I never enable interrupts, it should never be called.

The code works without optimizations, but with -Os enabled, the LED does *not* turn on! If I remove the (empty) ISR and keep everything else the same, the LED *does* turn on with optimizations enabled!

My problem is not how to toggle the LED, I know how to do that. My problem is that the code behaves differently when using the optimization option -Os.

8. Mai 2016 14:36 von address@hidden:

Hi,

"I do *not* want the ISR to be called". I guess you do not want the interrupt to be enabled. If you do not start the timer (as the interrupt is timer related) this interrupt will never occur. If you are using the timer for something else and need the timer running, then you need not explicitly enable timer overflow interrupt (see TIMSK register bits). In the while loop, you are always setting the port bit which I guess is connected to the LED and the LED will glow when this bit is 1. Suggest toggling the LED through a while loop with delays (large enough to be able to see LED flashing) inserted.

Regards,
Parthasaradhi
Hyderabad