Re: [avr-gcc-list] 'relocation truncated to fit' diagnosis ideas?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] 'relocation truncated to fit' diagnosis ideas?
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 15:50:49 +0200 (MET DST)

In article <address@hidden> you write:

> That's why I believe it's more
> appropriate to post it on a site from where it can be downloaded as per
> demand.

It cannot be downloaded from there unless you first subscribe.  (Anonymous
guests
don't get access to the attachments there.)

> Besides, it increases the chances the OP's problem being helped by those
> avrfreaks.net
> users who are not subscribed here.

With all due respect, but you overestimate the people who are
subscribed there, just because *you* love it more than a plain old
mailinglist.  All the AVR-GCC developers I know of (and there aren't
many of them anyway) are subscribed to this mailinglist, and
discussing things around AVR-GCC (and its related tools) is the main
purpose of the list, so no need to drive anyone away from here.

And no, even a 20 or 30 KiB sourcecode attachment is fine, and usually
suffices to demonstrate some particular behaviour.  (The actual limit
imposed by the server is even higher.)