Re: [avr-gcc-list] using exceptions

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] using exceptions
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 17:15:20 +0000

Hi Gaby,

I've seen your name extensively on the gcc mailing list. I've also been to a
number of the GCC Summit events in the past few years; I don't know if you've
attended them also.

I'm sorry but I've missed your recent post on libstdc++ that explained your
educational and research activities. Do you have a link? Please let me know if
there's anything we can do to help you with these activities.

Johann is pretty much right in his description. Historically, there haven't
been very many AVR developers on GCC. Joerg Wunsch (CC) and I, who are both
admins on the avr-libc project, have had an open request for years for a
volunteer to help with the C++ side of things, and specifically to help build
libsupc++ support for the AVR. None of us are experts in C++, but relatively
good experience in C.

C++ on the AVR has had more attention recently, mainly because of the Arduino
community. The Arduino language is translated into C++ and then compiled for
the AVR. So any help with C++ will also affect that community in a positive way.

Also let us know if there's anything we can do to help you get up to speed on
the AVR toolset.

Thanks,
Eric Weddington
Marketing Manager