Re: [avr-gcc-list] Trouble compiling avr-gcc > 4.4.4 on Mac OS X Leopard

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Trouble compiling avr-gcc > 4.4.4 on Mac OS X Leopard with gcc-4.2 (Solved)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 08:22:59 +0200 (MET DST)

"Jens Bauer" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I used the same build of Yagarto as you mentioned.
> Are you building on a PPC Mac ?

Nope, I don't have it.

> I get duplicate symbols (___gmpz_abs).

I cannot find any ___gmpz_abs in GMP 4.3.2 which I am using.

> Same as this:
> <http://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-bugs/2010-January/001748.html>

Try finding out who defines that inline function, and turn it into
"static inline" to avoid the "extern inline" issue mentioned in the
post.

As mentioned there, this appears to be an issue with the MacOS
compiler you are using.  If you cannot resolve it, you could as well
build your own version of GCC, and use that one as the Yagarto
compiler.

Besides, this appears to be only related to one of the GMP tests.
You could probably simply ignore it as well, by using "make -i"
to build/install GMP.