Re: [avr-gcc-list] Trouble compiling avr-gcc > 4.4.4 on Mac OS X Leopard

From: Jens Bauer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Trouble compiling avr-gcc > 4.4.4 on Mac OS X Leopard with gcc-4.2 (Solved)
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 14:53:53 +0200

Hi Jörg,

I used the same build of Yagarto as you mentioned.
Are you building on a PPC Mac ?

GMP will not compile on a PPC Mac with GCC 4.0.1; but it *will* compile on an
intel Mac with GCC 4.0.1.
I get duplicate symbols (___gmpz_abs).
Same as this:
<http://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-bugs/2010-January/001748.html>

-This happens with GCC-4.0.1 on PPC, but not with GCC-4.2.1
However, Yagarto seems to switch to GCC-4.0.1 (on my system anyway)

Love,
Jens