Re: [avr-gcc-list] Trouble compiling avr-gcc > 4.4.4 on Mac OS X Leopard

From: Mark Salyzyn
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Trouble compiling avr-gcc > 4.4.4 on Mac OS X Leopard with gcc-4.2
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 07:27:07 -0400

I have been using 4.6.1 and built no problem under MAC OSX 10.5.8 on Intel. And am using the apple compiler (4.0.1) to build?

mpfr, binutils, gmp are all 'in-tree' for the builds and are all soft links to the source trees like you have. No patches, but some small manual work merging libiberty of gcc and binutils together (Makefile.in)

mpfr 3.0.1
gmp 5.0.2
gcc 4.6.1
binutils 2.21.1

Editorial Comment: I ran a peephole-optimizer on the assembler output of this compiler-suite and managed 0.2% smaller code, better than past, but still some silly compiler output here and there none-the-less.

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn