Re: [avr-gcc-list] Building AVR-Toolchain

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Building AVR-Toolchain
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 14:26:38 +0200

On Monday 04 May 2009 13:58, B.A.f.H. wrote:

> thanks, but I have another problem, the computer for developing has
> no internet connection and for the computer with internet connection,
> I have no admin-privileges.
I see. Indeed the script starts with downloading the required files. Now,
i don't know what admin-privileges are required on a windows machine,
(for linux, none are required). If the script does not run without these
privileges, i would say start the script on the machine with internet with the
option download:

  ./Install_Scripts/install_toolchain --download

If all downloads where succesfull the script will report so.
Subsequently zip the resulting FemtoOS directory and move it
to the other machine. On that machine restart the script

  ./Install_Scripts/install_toolchain --slow

Since the files and patches are already downloaded, the script
will skip that step and continue building.

Hopefully this helps.

Ruud