Re: [avr-gcc-list] Hello

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Hello
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 13:29:09 +0530

Hi,

On Thu, 03 May 2007 10:19:18 +0530, Prashant D. Kharade <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Sir,

No 'Sir' here this is a group of users of avr-gcc, like you.

> I am totally new user of AVR GCC.

Welcome!

> I have downloaded winavr version 4.1.1 from net on May 02,2007.
>
> I also wrote a small C program on programmer's notepad.
>
> But I do not know how to compile it.
> I tried but it gives error.
>
> Please inform if we have to install anything apart from winavr?
> Step by step process to compile the program.

First, we dont know what code you have written, and how good is your C.

Have you read the WinAVR user manual in the installation folder?

Have you glanced at the AVR-LIBC doc in \WinAVR\doc\avr-libc? See the FAQ &
demo project therein.

If not, now's the time to do so! They contain everything you need to know.

Please take pains to explore the installation folder(s)& see what it contains.

It's always better to ask specific questions, relating to specific errors.

--Royce.