Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Studio 4.13 Beta 524 and GCC problems

From: charles . mcdowell
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Studio 4.13 Beta 524 and GCC problems
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 06:33:30 -0500

I am using the same build as you specified, which was provided by WinAVR's latest release.  So I will not add confusion by giving my build status.
For a simple program your correct it I can launch the debugger as you validated.

I narrowed the problem down to one line of code.  It appears there is something wrong when I try
to absolutely place a flash constant, in an absolute location.

This declaration causes the debugger not to load the elf file.
Compiles fine.  Possibly its syntax?
Error loading object file C:\xxxx~TestProj.elf

#define FSMEM2 __attribute__((section(".flashdata")))
const UBYTE FSm FSMEM2= 0x01 ;

//This works fine.  But its not absolutely placed in memory as I desire.
const UBYTE FSm PROGMEM = 0x01;

NOTE:  The flash section has been reserved in the memory map as follows:
Memory Type: Flash
Name: .flashdata
Address"0xff0

Charles McDowell
Alps Automotive, Inc
1500 Atlantic Boulevard
Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326
Ohio Office (Primary Wk location): (330) 752-4619
Alps Office (Secondary Wk. location) (248) 391-5054
Fax: (248) 391-2500
Email: address@hidden