Re: [avr-gcc-list] Determine CPU clock frequency

From: David VanHorn
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Determine CPU clock frequency
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:41:22 -0500

You  have to have some sort of external reference, or there's no way to determine the xtal speed.  Even comparing to the WDT osc is pretty sloppy, and of course that assumes a lot of code to make that determination.

If I were you, I'd put some flag in the program space like "CLK=4.00" as a constant when you compile. Maybe even just a few bits if your options are limited.