[avr-gcc-list] Re: [avr-chat] will an avr be fast enough...

From: Kitts
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: [avr-chat] will an avr be fast enough...
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 01:11:38 +0530

On Friday 03 Jun 2005 1:44 am IST, Reza Naima wrote:
> So, I'm working on a project where I'll be taking data from an
> MAX1031 16-channel 10-bit SPI based A2D and need to stream the data
> out via an infrared link.  The max SPI clock of the MAX1031 is 10mhz,
> and I need a sampling rate of around 20khz/channel.  Will any of the
> AVRs (I know there's a new small 20mhz one out) be fast enough to
> read the data, and a checksum byte, and somehow modulate an IR LED?
> The reciever will be in close proximity, but going through a layer of
> opaque material.  It can be configured that minimal outside light
> reaches the receiver.

I cant get my hands on it now (maybe some one else could point to it). I
remember reading the ATmel newsletter that spoke about a high speed
AVR. The device would operate around 45MHz. I was excited to use this
part but the max program memory was something like 4KB which is why i
did not bother. I still do not see a listing of this under product
listings on their website!?

--
Cheers!
Kitts