Re: [avr-gcc-list] support for tiny85/45

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] support for tiny85/45
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 05:41:26 -0600

Neil Davey wrote:

Hi All,
Can anyone tell me if the ATtiny85 or ATtiny45 chips are supported by avr-gcc?

Not yet.

It looks like work is being done to support it. Here's the Patch Tracker at avr-libc:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=4049>
However, note that the patches in the tracker only contain the header file and the patch for binutils 2.16. We will still need patches for GCC and for avr-libc (for build support). Also, note, that these patches have been untested.

That's where things stand at the moment for these devices.

HTH
Eric