Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATMega128 pcb, startup problem...

From: Kitts
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATMega128 pcb, startup problem...
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:36:26 +0530

On Thursday 02 Jun 2005 1:02 am IST, Torsten Mohr wrote:
> Still i wonder why uisp finds a device "similar to ATmega103-old".
>  After power-up a ATmega128 is correctly detected, but after that
> only an ATmega103-old.  This happens even if i only type "uisp
> -dprog=dapa" without any other command.

I am not sure if i understand this problem right. But as Joeg Wunsch as
suggested, you must check the fuses. Ensure that they are programmed /
Unprogrammed to the state that you would want them to be. I know that
the ATmega128 by default is always shipped in the ATmega103
compatibility mode enabled. This just might be your problem.

--
Cheers!
Kitts