Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATMega128 pcb, startup problem...

From: Torsten Mohr
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATMega128 pcb, startup problem...
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 21:32:59 +0200

Hi,

> > MOSI, Pin 12 is logically connected to parallel port "D0"
> > MISO, Pin 13 is logically connected to parallel port "Busy" and
> > "Sel.In". SCK, Pin 11 is logically connected to parallel port
> > "Strobe". PEN, Pin 1 is at GND level.
>
> Here is where the mistake seems to be. On the mega128 the ISP pins do
> not correspond to the SPI pins. In fact the ISP DI and DO pins are
> connected to pins 2 and 3 which are the UART0 pins.

that was exactly the problem, thanks !!!

Still i wonder why uisp finds a device "similar to ATmega103-old".  After
power-up a ATmega128 is correctly detected, but after that only an
ATmega103-old.  This happens even if i only type "uisp -dprog=dapa" without
any other command.

So for every command "uisp ..." i type i need to disconnect the device from
power and reconnect it.

I have a pcb for proper output levels attached to the parallel port, so the
parallel port outputs are routed into this pcb which ensures proper voltage
levels and then outputs these to the target.
The RESET output level of that pcb is routed directly into the RESET input of
the target and there are no additional capacitors.

Is this maybe a problem?

I tested "uisp --erase" followed by "uisp --upload ..." on an old AT2343
without problems.  Here i don't need to disconnect the power.

Is there something i can do to always detect an ATmega128?

Best regards,
Torsten.