[avr-gcc-list] Tiny 2313 SIGNAL problem

From: Parthasaradhi Nayani
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Tiny 2313 SIGNAL problem
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:53:23 -0800 (PST)

Hello everybody,

I working on a tiny2313 board. Tried out a simple sample programme using serial receive interrupt. Every time a character was received, the 2313 would reset. I could instantly make out that the problem was improper SIGNAL nomenclature and so the vector table entry pointing to reset. Went through code and docs but found no difference nothing at all. Finally found a sample code which is working OK.

The faulty code

SIGNAL (SIG_UART_RECV)    // note SIG_UART_RECV
{
do something and nothing is done!!
}

Working code

SIGNAL (SIG_USART0_RX)    // note SIG_UART_RECV
{
do smething and all is done!!
}

If one sees the AVR LIBC docs, SIG_UART_RECV is declared (mentioned). I am using GCC version 3.4.1. Do I need to update my LIBC? if so which one? Regards.

Nayani

Do you Yahoo!?
Make Yahoo! your home page