[avr-gcc-list] Locating Internal /External Memory Sections

From: Jim Davis
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Locating Internal /External Memory Sections
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:11:04 -0800

Hello,

Does anybody know if the internal memory sections are
adjustable with the avr-gcc tools? is there an INTMEMOPTS?

I want to use my own memory manager to be able to boost
execution speed for certain operations, and want to get
at internal memory for a fast memory pool.
The external memory I think I can use the EXTMEMOPTS The common pool
is located in external ram.  Can this be done?  Anybody have time
to help me with command syntax for locating these pools?

Last question is whether the compiler makes use a hardware stack
like the Codevision compiler has implemented?  Where does this get
located?

Desired Memory Layout
Internal SRAM   0100 - 10FF                     4 K

        0000 - 00FF     Internal Registers
        0100 - 04FF     Data Stack                      1 K
        0500 - 10FF     Fast Pool                       3.5 K

External SRAM   1100 - FFFF                     60 K

        1100 - XXXX     .data-start,  .bss-end
        XXXX - EFFF     Common Pool
        F000 - FFFF     Hardware Stack          1 K

*  bss_end to EFFF is Common Pool.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jim