Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Crypto

From: Geoffrey Wossum
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Crypto
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:43:15 -0600

Hi Curtis,

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 10:10 +1100, Curtis Maloney wrote:

> Twofish... yes, I looked at this some time back, but never got around to it.
> I'll add it to my list after AES.

I've never really looked at Twofish much, but I noticed a lot of people
implement it, and it supposed to work well on small devices.  Same with
SAFER, supposed to work well on small devices.

> Something else you might want to look at is LibTomCrypt.  I've not tested it,
> but I have compiled it "out of the box" with avr-gcc, no compile errors.
> It's
> modular, comprehensive, and apparently quite fast.

That's remarkable, too.  The crypto library that got announced on
avr-libc-dev but doesn't actually seem to have any source code to it
looks like it might be derived from libtomcrypt.  They have a bigint and
an ECC library that they provide the source for that they say is derived
from libtomcrypt 0.65.  Further, the header files for the crypto that
they don't give you the source for looks like it might be derived from
libtomcrypt.

Thanks,
---
Geoffrey Wossum