RE: [avr-gcc-list] Newbie - should this work?

From: Tom Harris
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Newbie - should this work?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:15:17 +1100

J"org Wunsch wrote:
> So, falling off the end of main() was always allowable.  One should
> probably declare main()'s return value to void in that case, and use
> -ffreestanding so the compiler doesn't complain.

The docs for -ffreestanding do not seem to mention any effect on main(), the
option seems to turn off checking calls to functions with option strings and
variable argument lists, like printf(). I always have main() returning void
(in an embedded system, where would main() return to?), and stop compiler
whinges with the -Wno-main option. Am I missing something?

Tom Harris <tomh(AT)optiscan(DOT)com>

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org