[avr-gcc-list] uisp returns Error: Data polling readback status: write=0

From: Andreas Kämpf
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] uisp returns Error: Data polling readback status: write=0x10 read=0x00
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:30:00 +0100

Hi!

I'm new to microcontrollers and need your help. I'm programming under Linux
with avr-gcc. The compilation of my test prog works fine, but I can't upload it
to my AT90S8535 with uisp. Here is the output of my Makefile, maybe you can
make head or tail of it:

-------------------------------------

uisp -dlpt=/dev/parport0 --erase  -dprog=dapa -dpart=at90s8535
Atmel AVR AT90S8535 is found.
Erasing device ...
Reinitializing device
Atmel AVR AT90S8535 is found.
uisp -dlpt=/dev/parport0 --upload if=avrledtest.hex -dprog=dapa  -v=3 --hash=32
-dpart=at90s8535
Reset inactive time (t_reset) 1000 us
AVR Direct Parallel Access succeeded after 0 retries.
Override signature bytes, device AT90S8535 assumed.
Vendor Code: 0x1e
Part Family: 0x93
Part Number: 0x03
Atmel AVR AT90S8535 is found.
Page Write Disabled
FLASH Write Delay (t_wd_flash): 11111 us
EEPROM Write Delay (t_wd_eeprom): 11111 us
Uploading: flash
#Warning: It seems that device is not erased.
         Erase it with the --erase option.
Error: Data polling readback status: write=0x10 read=0x00
If device was erased disable polling with the -dno-poll option.
make: *** [load] Fehler 2

-------------------------------------

I should mention that the -dno-poll option results in an upload, but the
--verify option shows that there are just errors.

This is the history of the error:

(1) Installing/compiling older versions of avr-gcc, avr-libc, binutils, uisp =>
I couldn't program my test circuit
(2) Installing/compiling the newest versions of the progrs/files mentioned
above => I was able to light a LED! programming worked fine for several times
(3) I added some more LEDs and switches and left the configuration untouched =>
it doesn't work anymore!

versions:
avr-gcc (GCC) 3.2.1
uisp version 20021201
avr-libc-20020203
binutils-2.12.1

I hope you can help me, I would really enjoy to go on!

Thanks!

Andreas <><
Keine Zeit fur Firlefanz?  Blitz-SMS von WEB.DE FreeMail! Die SMS, die
direkt auf's Display kommt! http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021166

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org