Re: [avr-gcc-list] parallel port pogrammer

From: Volkmar Dierkes
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] parallel port pogrammer
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 15:36:16 +0100

http://www.ln.com.ua/~real/avreal/adapters_e.html
Hi all,

> > I am using the parallel port STK programmer and the ISP
> > software from Atmel to download programs into the AVR via ISP.
>
> I use http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/uisp/ for my (quite small)
> avr programs using a direct AVR<->PARPORT connection. It works
> fine (Linux, via /dev/parports/0 (ppdev)). No problems so far
> (Pentium 133MHz up to Athlon 1GHz).
>
> It seems to compile under cygwin (=Windows/Unix "Emulation" Layer)
> but that's just what I read in the source, never used it myself.

I am using the AVReAl programmer sw with an altera byteblaster adapter. This
tool also support the STK200 and STK300 adapters. I am not sure which STK
programmer you mean, but may it fit.

I didn't have problems to program any code into an atmega8. If you get some
problems because of high speed pc's you have some possibilties to adapt the
tool. I forgot to mention, it is available for Windows (95/98/NT4/W2K).

HTH

Volkmar
ASCII-Bilder und SMS-Spruche bei WEB.DE FreeMail - auswahlen, einfugen
und versenden! http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021168

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org