[avr-gcc-list] External memory mapping problem

From: Molnar Zoltan
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] External memory mapping problem
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 05:48:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All!

I have the following memory configuration for an ATMega103:

intenal RAM: $0060- $0FFF (4K)
free space for memory mapped devices: $1000- $7FFF
32K external RAM: $8000- $FFFF (32K)

- Does anybody knows how the linker script file should be modified (the 'data'
section I suppose) in order to tell the linker about the 36K of SRAM?

- Is the linker capable to manage this type of configuration? I mean that can I
tell the linker to use for variables, etc. the SRAM from $0060-$0FFF and
$8000-$FFFF  ?

I have seen somewhere on the net something like this in a source with a memory
mapped ethernet card, unfortunatly I can't find the code anymore.

Any help would be appreciated  :)

Regards
Zoltan Molnar