[avr-gcc-list] Extended SRAM help

From: Louis Jewett
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Extended SRAM help
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 01:29:26 -0400

I'm new to programming on the AVR and need a hand. I have a 8515 and am programming it via avrgcc on the stk200. After reading through the archives and several web sites I have the compiler setup and am able to flash programs to the chip. Now I have a need to use the 32k SRAM I have added to the stk200, but am having trouble. In a previous post I found that I needed to update the avr85xx.x file to reflect the new ammount of memory, and link it with my program. It also metioned setting the SRE bit in the MCU to enable the extra ram? This I have no clue on how to do. I'm useing the avrgcc7 example from avr for dummies ( Uart access to a computer terminal ) so if anyone has some example code that will print to terminal the response of a value stored in memory higher than 512 PLEASE tell me how!! Thanks very much..