[avr-gcc-list] Suggestion for the list operators

From: Larry Barello
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Suggestion for the list operators
Date: Tue Jan 16 05:12:04 2001

This may be heretical to the crowd, but here goes anyway:  How about moving
this mail list to Egroups.com?  I am on several lists and manage a couple on
that server and it works quite well.  The BIG advantage is that you can
control your email flow (digest, individual and web only) and it archives
everything.  They also have what seems like bullet proof anti-spam.

But wait, there's more!  A files section for sharing stuff (limited to 20mb)
and a few other, probably less useful, functions.

Egroups is easy: www.egroups.com, register, create a group, submit a list of
members and you are done.  If the moderator of this group does that, then
adds several other members to the moderator list, we shouldn't see the kind
of "information outage" we saw with the old avr-gcc list last fall.  If one
person disappears into work, or what-ever, another can take over (not that
there is much to do once the list is set up...)

Cheers!