Re: [avr-chat] avrdude & ATmega644a?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] avrdude & ATmega644a?
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 23:35:52 +0100

As Rick Mann wrote:

> I didn't see any obvious migration notes, but it occurs to me now
> where to look. Hrm. I can find a migration note for 644 -> 644P, but
> nothing for the 644A.

Yes, and one for the ...P -> ...PA.

> On cursory inspection, the 644A is just like the 644P.

Or rather like the 644PA. ;) Consider it as an ATmega644PA without the
picopower additions, I'd say.  Regarding AVRDUDE, just check the
device IDs.  Worst case, you'd have to clone the 644 (non-P, non-A)
entry in avrdude.conf into one for the 644A, just in order to change
the device ID.